We're Better Together
A MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDER: JOHN MCINROY AKA SIPHO AKA BODHI
“In modern times it seems we are constantly reminded of what differences we have. Unless we consciously counter this with something, that is what we will begin to believe as the truth. The red socks remind me that we all have a lot in common. When I pull on the red socks I am connected with this feeling of togetherness. Imagine a world where we all remember that we are one big global family and that each of our actions, no matter where we are, affect us all!
When we remember, we can see and feel and speak and act from love instead of fear, and the world can be even more beautiful! Together we can create a more peaceful and hopeful world and contribute towards positive change one sock, one thought, one word, one action at a time.
May we all remember together!
May the ShoOops! be with you and all beings!!”
Today the spirit of the Red Socks has spread across the world and they are worn on Fridays in over 70 countries. The simple act of gifting them OR exchanging them and then wearing them on Fridays has brought, and continues to bring, people from all walks of life ‘TOGETHER’:
- For many it has become just a simple way to consciously remind each-other, on one day every week, that they are loved and that they belong ‘together’.
- For some, wearing Red Socks on Fridays is all about keeping memories alive of dear ones who may have already passed-on.
- For some the exchanging and wearing of Red Socks has helped inspire acts of forgiveness and redemption, helping to heal and bring back to life many scarred and broken relationships.
- For others, it is a powerful statement, a way of saying to others: ”I am with you, I see you, I hear you, I get strength from you, I love you…. in spite of our differences – social, cultural, political, language, racial, religious – we are NOT separate. Yes, we are different, but we are both also human, we are also connected, we live on common-ground, we are also the SAME”.
- For some, wearing Red Socks together on Fridays has been an easy way to stand next to a friend, to show support and encouragement, to help them get back up on their feet, to motivate them to have the faith and courage to keep moving, especially when the journey of life gets hard.
- No matter what “Together” means to you, we believe that the real MAGIC of “connecting” through pairs of Red Socks comes from the positive blessings and powerful ‘life-giving’ thoughts that they help trigger and that are being sent out across the globe throughout Fridays.
Remember too that by becoming a Red Socker you now belong to a huge global community of people like you, also wearing Red Socks on Fridays (and usually out in nature running, cycling, surfing, skiing or doing something crazy in them!!) and who are also just trying to live a happy, active, fun- loving life. So look out for us.
Oh yeah! And lastly, why do we call them ShoOops?! Well, if you didn’t know already, ShoOops is the sound that the mighty God of the universe hears every time a good thought and blessing is sent and received by someone wearing Red Socks on a Friday down here on earth.